Guide to Project Design | Overview
The AdCap Project Designer is your opportunity to create a project that inspires and achieves positive health and wellness changes in your school or community. Using the Designer will help you transform your vision into an actual plan for potential investors and mentors to support. Completing the tiles in the Project Designer will empower you to pioneer your project and succeed! Each tile will help spark your BIG idea to become an inspiring and empowering reality.
Successfully completing the Project Designer tiles will highlight your knowledge of three key elements to any successful project – Knowledge of Self, Project Planning, and Getting Support.
Revisit, Review, Revise
You can hop between tiles and change information as your Project Design starts to unfold. There might be a great idea in a specific tile that inspires you to go back and improve others!
Once you complete every tile, you’ll be ready to submit your project for approval. Before you do that, review it to see if there are any changes or improvements that can be made. It might also be a great opportunity to get a parent, teacher or friend to review it with you to see if it makes sense!
Guide to Project Design | Knowledge of Self
The most successful projects often depend on how well the project planner knows themselves. What are your passions, inspirations and expectations? What gives you a feeling of accomplishment? What kind of leader are you? Being able to leverage your strengths will not only help you focus your attention where it is best suited, but also empower you to compliment your skills with supporters that have different skills to offer.
Guide to Project Design | Project Planning
Creating a plan that includes key deadlines and expectations will allow you to maintain a powerful focus on your project outcomes that matter most. How will you measure the impact of your plan? What are the expectations for change? What logical steps, activities, and events are needed to move your project towards that picture you paint of the future? Potential investors want to know that they are supporting a vision that can become a reality.
Guide to Project Design | Getting Support
Support comes in many ways, shapes, and forms. How will you reach out to get what you need? Collaborating with supporters will put your Project Design in motion and allow more people to contribute toward the success of your project.
Think something is missing? Let us know and we’ll work on adding it in! Shoot us an email at info@AdCapYOUth.org and tell us what else you want included in the AdCap Handbook!
What is it?
Epic failure is not defeat. Epic failure is an opportunity to learn, reconsider, refocus, and test your persistence. True success isn’t without setback. It’s seeing an opportunity for growth beyond disappointment that defines you as a leader.
Key Considerations for Epic Failure:
- Failure isn’t blame; it’s accountability for things within our control: Failure and setback are the chance to examine who we are as leaders and a team.
- Examining Planning: Was the setback due to insufficient planning? What changes could be made to improve the organization of your activity, event, or communication?
- Examine Execution: Were there missed opportunities of poor performance on the part of you and your team that could be improved?
- Define the elements that are in your control: There are some things that we will never be able to foresee. Being able to recognize the difference between those occurrences and factors you can control is an important step in re-focusing your work for success.
- Maintain a Learning Culture: How will you inspire beyond failure? Will you look to your role model, evaluate your structure, or cultivate an Ah-Ha moment to see you through tough times?
Why is it important?
You will not be defined by failure. You will be defined by your persistence through failure.
How can it help inspire you?
Being persistent in the face of failure is one of the most empowering opportunities we have when trying to create positive change. Believe in yourself and your team in tough times, and supporters will believe in you as well.